Recently, a couple of luxury car owners who live in parts of the Bay Area that Diablo Dents does not travel to (we do mobile dent repairs in the East Bay Area, but feel free to drive over to Pleasanton if you want the best!) asked me how to find a paintless dent repair service in their area that will fix their dents and door dings as perfectly as Diablo Dents does. They want to know how to find a reputable dent repair service that won’t damage their luxury, exotic, or classic car.
If you have ever named your car, then I’m talking to you.
Well, yes, I do know other Bay Area dent repair specialists who are excellent and who will come to your location as I do for the East Bay, and I’m happy to recommend them to you if you call me.
But maybe you want to know how to personally tell the difference between a guy who learned his technique through YouTube videos, and one who has more than 20 years worth of satisfied clients.
So I will tell you. Because I take offense when inexperienced or lazy dent removal people give our industry a bad name, and I don’t want you to have to pay a body shop to fix damage that is now worse than it was before you had it “repaired.”
Here are a few questions you should ask when choosing a company to fix your car dents and dings, if what you want is a flawless, paintless dent repair:
- Have they been in business in one community for at least a couple of years, with several strong (real) online reviews?
- Are they insured?
- Do they guarantee their work?
- Do they offer a flat rate? If so, then think, “Danger, Will Robinson.” Companies that offer a flat rate are probably not going to remove a headliner or door panel to fix a dent perfectly if needed. And if it’s one of those cheap, $39 flat-rate dent removal services, they either don’t have insurance, or they’re using cheap tools and hurrying through your job. You get what you pay for, and all that. (Besides, you might be pleasantly surprised at how reasonable our rates are compared to traditional auto body shop repairs.)
- How long did they and/or their dent removal techs train before becoming a dent removal specialist? If they just graduated from a two week “superior” training course, then I hope you aren’t too attached to your new Mercedes.
- What do their clients say about them? Their REAL clients. Clients you can verify, and not their 40 best friends on Facebook who “donated” reviews online. One or two vague, minor complaints may not mean anything, but does it sound like their genuine testimonials are positive?
Do Your Homework
The reason that it’s important for you to take your time and not run to the first cheap, flat-rate service you find in the Bay Area is that if you value your vehicle enough to have it repaired in the first place, you sure don’t want an unqualified repair service messing it up so badly that even I can’t fix it. That’s the same reason that it’s not a good idea to try a DIY method or kit unless you are not attached to the outcome of the “repair.”
Still Need a Discounted Rate?
Here are some ideas to help you save money on your dent repair with us:
- Get all of your dents fixed at once–we offer multiple-dent discounts
- Call a few friends and then schedule a multiple car appointment–we offer multiple-car discounts
- Make a day of it at work so your employees or co-workers can benefit from our multiple car discounts
Heck, just go for it and go for our multiple-dent AND multiple-car discounts! Your friends, associates, and family will thank you for it!
The Bottom Line:
There is an art to paintless dent repair, and it takes literally hundreds–not tens–of hours to learn to do it properly. It also takes someone who has invested in high-quality tools and who will take their time to do the best possible job for you.
I hope this helps you find a great dent repair service in your Bay Area location, but if not, give me a call.
I’ve got people.